Thursday 12 January 2017

February 7, 2007

Hi Ladies:

What a wonderful and delicious dinner!  Although there were leftovers, we certainly made about 120 people very satisfied.  I really must insist that if you can get a chance to come just once during the dinner hour or just stand with me in the dining room to hear the heartfelt messages of thanks and appreciation from our guests.  They say time and time and again that not only is everything delicious but it is served with such kindness and friendliness.

Frank told me tonight that he hasn’t eaten this well since his mother’s house. Dan told me how much it means to him that he can come, sit, be served, relax and, most poignant, that he marvels at all of us for thinking of him and everyone else.  And on and on and on.

These messages make me think of the phenomenon of “paying it forward.”  I know that our guests walk out taller, feeling better about themselves, their community and they will inevitably treat others better, compliment someone, hold a door open, smile.

See you soon,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment